Asante Kotoko went after a goal until the final minute but for near misses by our frontmen we would’ve won the game, especially after our goalkeeper decided not to concede following brilliant saves throughout the game.

The Ghana Premier League leaders were forced to settle for a draw at the Nana Fosu Gyeaboah. Asante Kotoko couldn’t find the back of the net after a good number of chances created in a game that was split evenly between the two halves

The host enjoyed the better of the first period before Ogum’s men came into the game in the second, fighting to the last to take the win.

The first chance went the way of the host following a bad clearance from a corner, the ball dropped to the path of Emmanuel Avornyo, who whipped in a volley from just inside the box but was denied by Danlad’s superb diving stop on 19 minutes.

On the 31st minute, there was a Big shout for a penalty from a foul on Mfegue but the referee ignores it.

We went close again 10 minutes earlier, Samuel Boateng robbed Emmanuel Asante of the ball. The striker took a long time to shoot but his effort was a tame one and went into the grips of Abdulai Idrissu.

Earlier, the was an off-the-ball incident that should’ve seen Bechem United defender Osei Kuffour sent off for stepping on Mbella Etouga in an off-the-ball incident, though there was a stadium reaction over the incident, the center referee didn’t bother to seek for what happened.

Just a minute to the break there was a scary moment for us, we lost possession, and Latif Anabila sets Avornyo through on goal, he shot but Danlad was equal to the task and saved it on the floor.

The first half ended in a draw.

As expected we came into the second half with Great determination, pinning the hunters to their own half.

On the 57th minute, Imoro stepped up for a free-kick, Samuel Boateng was unlucky as his connection with his head hits the upright

In the 67th minute the host got another chance, Avornyo ran to connect to a through pass, but Danlad once again turned Keeper-Sweeper and Cleared the ball to touch.

Prosper Ogum effected the first change of the day on the 71st minute, it was clear he needed creativity as he brought on Fabio Gama to replace Mudasiru Salifu.

Danlad was again called to action on the 78th minute this time the Ghanaian international hopped and parried Augustine Okrah’s header.

With the game getting closer to the 90th minute, Ogum brought on Justice Blay in place of Augustine Agyapong in the 84th minute, however, we came close again in the 86th minute, Mfegue weaved through a swam of lemon legs and won a corner which was taken quickly, but the connection hits the goalpost and out.

Ogum’s charges continued to probe, but Bechem stood firm and showed exactly why they are yet to have been beaten so far at home this term.

March 8, 2022